Broadband and Email Problems
We work will all broadband providers to get you on-line again as quickly as possible.
We work with Eircom, Vodafone, Magnet, Clearwire, UPC, Smart, Digiweb, 02 and Imagine.
Typical broadband problems we can help with include:
- All your systems have lost access to the internet.
- Just one of your computers has lost access to the internet.
- You can connect successfully but a small percentage of sites cannot be accessed.
- You have intermittent access to the internet.
- Your modem / router is not showing the usual light sequence on its front panel.
- You have been told by your internet service provider that the problem is with your computer and not with the connection.
Tips for Troubleshooting Broadband Connections
1) Do you get a solid green DSL light on your modem? A solid green DSL light usually indicates broadband is reaching your modem.
2) If you have a DSL light but still no connection, try using a paperclip to press the reset button. (This is usually a small recessed button at the back of your modem.)
3) Temporarily disable any anti-virus or firewall software that might be blocking your connection.
4) Make sure that "power management" feature of your network card is disabled.
5) Make sure your network card settings are correct. If your network uses a static IP, the IP address and DNS server information must be configured as specified by your ISP or network workgroup/domain. (If your network uses DHCP, all of these will be picked up by your system automatically.)
Email Problems and Solutions (Outlook, iPhone etc)
Reliable Email Access Anywhere
Losing email connectivity can be a major annoyance for most users. Whether your problem is sending or receiving emails, we can help. We work with all email providers such as Eircom, UPC, Imagine, Digiweb and Vodafone to get your Outlook, Windows Mail, Thunderbird or iPhone email fully operational again.
We can help you to:-
Setup, configure or troubleshoot your (Eircom, UPC, Vodafone, Indigo, etc) email account in Outlook, Windows Live, Thunderbird, Entourage, Mac OS X mail or Outlook Mac. This includes configuration of Pop3 and SMTP servers.
Setup, configure or troubleshoot your email account on your smartphone (iPhone, Blackberry, HTC, Samsung etc.)
Transfer of old emails and contacts into a new setup of Outlook, Windows Live, Thunderbird etc
1) Perform a regular Inbox clean-up – When your Outlook mail store folders become too unwieldy, your Outlook will become sluggish to use. Make sure you clean up large attachments every month.
2) Use a quality Spam Filter – Filtering out spam before it reaches your inbox saves you time and reduces the risk of security threats infecting your PC.
3) Instead of all your old emails cluttering up your folders. You can download a free archiving program such as Mailstore.
4) If accessing email on a mobile device such as a laptop or iPhone, configure your mail settings so that your messages arrive into both devices.
5) For faster and more accurate searching of old emails, you can download a utility called Xobni which is much more efficient than Outlook's inbuilt search function.